This month, TrendyMonthly gathered an eclectic group of professionals in a round-table networking event to discuss the dreaded subject that most young Americans face today: student loans. This first event of a three part series took place at the BKLYN Commons iconic clock tower in Prospect-Lefferts Gardens and was led by Francelene Louis, author of soon to be New York Times bestseller book “The College Graduate”. The event concentrated on the impact of student loans during post-graduate life and the societal outlook towards getting a college degree while growing up. A panel of expert guest speakers included Tacha Vilson, Bridget Ofori and Ingrid Murray, all holding backgrounds across multiple industries. They provided attendees with a venue for learning as they openly discussed their own experiences with student loans and the impact of having a college degree today.
- Flatbush Fest – Kick off Party, June 9 @BKLYNCommons
- Seek your Truth: Women Empowerment Summit June 10th
- Haitian-American Author Cindy Similien-Johnson Talks About the Importance of Bridging the Gap in Haitian Culture and Literature
- Author Talks May 4 @BKLYN Commons- The Importance of Multicultural Children’s Books
- Community Life’s Lecture & Cocktails Series: How to get free PR for your small business, April 20th