If festive is what you’re after this Independence Day, head to Coney Island for things to do in Brooklyn. It doesn’t get more American than the Nathan’s 4th of July Hotdog Eating Contest, held annually at the historic landmark Nathan’s Hotdogs location in Coney Island. In this year’s contest, Joey Chestnut will defend his title of reigning champion. If you can still stomach the thought of food after watching the face stuffing, head to the boardwalk for some delightfully greasy fair food and a cold beer. The beach will be crowded, so stake your claim on a bit of sand and head to the water, which will surely be a great escape from the hot air. The newly revamped Luna Park has exciting new ride options including the new “Scream Zone” which features several thrilling roller coasters. Oddly enough you won’t find fireworks here on Monday – though they burst through the Coney Island sky every Friday and Saturday.
- PR SHOP TALK & NETWORKING, June 22nd
- Curious on Tanzania: Traveling while Natural Soiree, June 8th
- Flatbush Fest – Kick off Party, June 9 @BKLYNCommons
- Seek your Truth: Women Empowerment Summit June 10th
- Haitian-American Author Cindy Similien-Johnson Talks About the Importance of Bridging the Gap in Haitian Culture and Literature