Who doesn’t love finger-licking, totally delicious chicken wings covered and dripping in a hot and tasty sauce? The craze that has swept across the nation has landed plenty of wing restaurants in Brooklyn. But what are the best chicken wings this side of the river? If you have been itching to try some of the best chicken wing eateries in Brooklyn, check out these restaurants that are sure give you the mouth-watering goodness you’ve been wanting:
1. Super Wings NY — You’ll find some of the most enticing chicken wings in town at Super Wings NY. Voted the “Best Wings in Brooklyn” 1st place winner for 2010 and 1st place People’s Choice 2011, Super Wings NY offers the most unique and tasty flavors you will ever taste on chicken wings. They have a wide array of secret blend sauces with a Caribbean flare and a great selection of side dishes, all at affordable prices and terrific service. 718-467-8737; 1218 Union Street, Brooklyn
2. The Wing Bar – The Wing Bar serves up delicious medium-sized wings in various size orders, enough to stuff yourself silly! The wings pack a flavorful punch with mild, medium, hot, and BBQ sauces. They have a large backyard patio with picnic tables to enjoy your order in a large group on a warm, sunny day. They have cheap pitchers of beer and great prices on food. The Wing Bar serves other items as well, such as burgers, sandwiches, and other bar-style food. 718-237-2728; 8275 Smith St, Brooklyn
3. Pudgie’s Famous Chicken — Pudgie’s Famous Chicken is great for people looking for more healthy choices in their chicken wings. Pudgie’s chicken is fresh and never frozen and they are known for their skinless fried chicken that contains zero grams of trans fat per serving. This makes their chicken 25% lower in fat and cholesterol than traditional fried chicken. They sell their original boneless wings with a variety of sauces including Cajun BBQ, teriyaki, Thai chili, honey BBQ, hot, and mild. Pudgie’s also serves a wide variety of other chicken, fish, burgers, hot dogs, and sides. 718-921-1000; 6819 3rd Ave., Brooklyn.
4. Atomic Wings – Atomic Wings serves authentic wings fresh from Buffalo in true Buffalo fashion, where wings first originated. They serve Buffalo or boneless wings and have a wide selection of signature sauces ranging from mild to medium, to abusive and nuclear. They also have flavors like honey mustard, BBQ, teriyaki, sweet & tangy, and garlic parmesan. While Atomic Wings specializes in wings, they also have burgers, sandwiches, salads, and sides. 718-768-5665; 321 9th St, Brooklyn
5. Wing Wagon – With the name Wing Wagon, you’re assured that wings are their specialty and they’ve got to be good. Sure, they also serve burgers, sandwiches, and chicken fingers, but their wings are sure to please. They have a wide range of sauces including mild (no spice), medium, hot, K-Hot, XXX Hot BBQ, Honey Mustard, Garlic Parmesan, Italian, and Lemon-Pepper. All of Wing Wagon wings are served with celery, carrots, bleu cheese or ranch dressing. 718-398-0501; 351 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn